Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hellgate Beta

[:1]Anyone play the Beta? I did for a bit. It was very similar to the original and I guess it should be. The thing that bugged me most was the spelling errors and grammar errors. I only had an hour or so to play and got through the first several quests. There was a boss monster who couldn't be killed. He kept falling back on me and I had to go chase him. Half the time he was back at full HP.

The game looks pretty good overall, but still needs work. It was good to play it again. It was a fun hour. I love the gun toting marksman myself. It is a fun character. I am looking forward to playing this again.|||I played for about 4 hours (not counting the time trying to play on the first day). Since the game has been running in Korea for about 3 years now the beta was basically a stress/spelling test, so hopefully they get the typos and Engrish cleared up.

Are you talking about those Messengers from Hell that teleport away and you have to chase them? They're intentional and are a complete pain to kill. They've been in the Korean build since the relaunch (or they were added not soon after), you just have to put on a lot of damage as fast as you can and hope the random-number-generator gods smile on you and he doesn't teleport before you kill him.

Open beta should be interesting.|||That could be the guy. I cannot recall now. But after teleporting away and finding him again, he was back at full health. Is that "on purpose", too?

I finally just ran away and got back to the station. Then I had to quit for the day.|||You guys in OBT?|||Quote:






View Post

You guys in OBT?




Occasionally, when the server_ isn't down for maintenance.

The messengers have mods like other special monsters, and warping, regenerating, and vivacious are all particularly annoying (they were in the original game fwiw).

There's even a version of lightning enchanted...

No comments:

Post a Comment