Saturday, April 21, 2012

HG:L disappointment...

I think i will quit playing HG:L and start with starcraft 2 (when it is released)..

don't you guys think hellgate is a disapointment?|||I always try to disregard the hype around games so when I get them, I have no expectations.

As for a disappointment, not sure yet. I'll tell you christmas day.

Though having already sunk about 15 hours into farming the demo, I highly doubt I will be let down :P

::EDIT:: The aura of FSS and the fact this game was coined the spiritual successor to D2 set the game up to disappoint, imho.

Everyone was expecting diablo 3, but got a box full of bugs.

To be fair, I can understand the need of a small publisher to put a game out early, especially with (most likely) whining from EA. Give it a few more months and keep an open mind.

Overall consensus that I've heard around town is that the game is still as addictive as D2, assuming your PC doesn't suck and assuming you can get past the bugs which are slowly getting dealt with.

Personally, I would have much preferred to play the game with bugs rather than waiting until march or whatever. Especially since I just quit WoW and sold all my characters off.|||I can agree with the addiction factor. Even at times where I don't even have time to clear one area, I still log on :D|||HGL was pretty hyped and for a lot of people it just didn't live up to their expectations for that reason. I had no expectations let alone hyped ones and so I see the game for what it is - a great game with some quirks (none of which are unfixable by updates). In its current state it's not a game everyone will remember in 10 years from now on, but it's definitely worth playing and so far I have lots of fun with it.|||I didnt have much expectations for this game as it was a gift from friends. Although it didnt match up to the hype of it being a D2 successor, it is actually a addictive game which I just have to log on to HG:L every time I'm in front of my PC. Just couldnt help it. And I feel that it is worthwhile to contiune to play since it is gonna get better as it goes along. Just need more patches and debugging from FSS.|||All I am hoping long term as they are hoping to work for a MMO type market is constant development of the game so it will not get stale especialy as there is little post end game material (what to do when you beat the endgame boss?)|||I've just finished Single Player as a Marksman and I really enjoyed it. Nightmare mode has been unlocked but I've left it (for the moment) to try out the other characters. I've started an Engineer and already I'm hooked again.

Even if I do take this online, I'm happy with the investment (time and money) into this game. Also, the demo really does not do this game justice.

I'm off to get a gun retrofit for my drone! |||I hadnt read the HGL hype machine before launch, so I wasnt expecting much either. I also bought the game without intending to subscribe. What I got was a lot of entertainment for my $40usd so Im quite happy with the purchase.

Sorry to hear youre disappointed.|||I, for one, have quit the game. I played through the regular game and started through nightmare, reaching lvl 44. But I just burned out on it.

{{{shrug}}} I was really looking forward to the game, but there's just too little content right now.|||I don't think Hellgate is a disappointment yet. Similiar to above, I never listened to the hype pre-launch, and I actually never really planned on getting the game as it all depended on the news of Mythos and Starcraft 2. Still, I picked it up anyway and even though I haven't found it as addicting as D2 I still think it's a good game with alot of potential, and I'll still be playing it for at least another 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment