Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Can't log in since Stonehenge

Ok, I have updated the game, it then went through the updates when i logged in. Once it restarted then I have been unable to log into the game. I keep getting the same message:

ERROR CONNECTING TO SERVER

Connection Error (4-2858) Check anti-virus and firewall configuration


Before you ask, I have checked my settings, which may I add have not changed since yesterday and alot longer before when I had no trouble logging in, and both my firewall and anti-virus are still set to allow Hellgate access.

Is anybody else getting any problems logging in since the update. I can't get even as far as choosing a character

Please can somebody reply asap, I thought the update was meant to improve this not make the game harder to access|||Ok, I have even risked alot now by completely de-activating my anti-virus and still it would not work, just the same message. Anyone got any ideas?? As I said, it worked normally yesterday and only now after the updates have these problems ever occured|||HI GUYS,GETTING THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE AS YOU`S, Connection Error (4-2858) Check anti-virus and firewall configuration,HELLGATE WAS WORKING OK TO I UPDATED THE PATCH NOW I CAN`T EVEN GET INTO THE PLAYERS SCREEN SO IF SOMEONE CAN HELP US GUY`S GET THIS ERROR SORTED IT WOULD BE GREAT AS I WANT TO GET BACK INTO THIS GAME THANKS.|||Quote:






View Post

I have even risked alot now by completely de-activating my anti-virus




If you're not running any executable files, other than Hellgate, during this time, in what way did you risk a lot?

Try removing Hellgate from your firewall's allowed list and adding it again, or even try disabling your firewall for a minute to see if that fixes it. Some programs will check that the file that is allowed to access the network hasn't been "tampered" with - and they'd see the file being patched as potential tampering.

If you disable the firewall and it works, then at least you'll have a place to start.|||Quote:






View Post

Try removing Hellgate from your firewall's allowed list and adding it again, or even try disabling your firewall for a minute to see if that fixes it




This didn't work either, I managed to get online but only by doing the following:


Quote:




If you receive a Network Error: Server Error or 8-2587 Check Anti-Virus & Firewall Settings error message there may be an issue with your current Winsock settings. To reset these Settings:

1. Click the Start button.

2. Click Run

3. Type cmd in the text box and click Ok.

4. At the command prompt type in netsh winsock reset. Press Enter

5. Exit this program and restart your computer.

Once your computer is restarted, this file will be re-generated. Please try the game again.




I know it mentions a different error number but it did fix the problem, though I hope I don't have to repeat this everytime they release a new major update|||Ok I take that fix back, it worked last night to get me in but tonight I tried login in and more updates came down. After Hellgate reloaded, what a suprise the error comes up again. I tried the above again but this time it failed to work, this is annoying as not only has nothing changed on my system from before the patch but also I was logged in yesterday. How does that work out?? I am seriously regretting paying for the subscription, certainly not getting my moneys worth. I seriously prefered the game before the patch, at least I could login with no trouble back then|||I assume you've lodged a support ticket with Flagship?|||Dude, if it doesnt happen to everyone, its not FSS problem.

What is your firewall? My firewall always knows when hellgate's executable has been modified and asks me for permission. If your's doesnt.. then u should change it i guess|||Quote:






View Post

Dude, if it doesnt happen to everyone, its not FSS problem.

What is your firewall? My firewall always knows when hellgate's executable has been modified and asks me for permission. If your's doesnt.. then u should change it i guess




As I stated, firewall and anti-virus have been completely taken down and still no luck|||Quote:






View Post

I assume you've lodged a support ticket with Flagship?




And you assume correct, still waiting on some sort of reply though

No comments:

Post a Comment