Thursday, April 19, 2012

Question about usefullness of Nanobots skill

Hi !

Could someone familiar with the Nanobots skill of the Engineer tell me what they think of it ? Is it worth investing in it ?

I currently have the pre-requisite skill (Haste Bot 3) for the added firing speed. Just need to know how good (or bad) Nanobots are !

Thanks for your replies.|||Quote:






View Post

Hi !

Could someone familiar with the Nanobots skill of the Engineer tell me what they think of it ? Is it worth investing in it ?




I went ahead and invested 10 points in the name of science. I have sacrificed myself so you don't have to make the mistake of putting any points in nanobots. I have given the skill a chance during both mid-NM and during the end up to the Hellgate itself.*

The AI works as follows: the little bots fly ahead randomly until they stick to a monster. You see a green beacon-like effect and once anything damages that monster your little bots zap the creature. The bots than fly back to you and again search for a new target. That sounds fine on paper (screen?), but in practice they only attach themselves to critters a few times during their 40-second lifespan and the damage they deal when they poof is rather poor. Your gun + bots/drone should be able to outdamage that by a great amount.

Sure it looks pretty and it wastes stray zombies and assorted small demon spawn from time to time, but it doesn't deliver a kick worthy of ten hard-earned skill points.

Do max haste bot. Really. Do that instead.

*: After which the lvl 60 Hell denizens reamed me so hard I left and leveled a few alts instead.|||Thanks, your sacrifice will not be forgotten !

FOR THE LIVING !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment