Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Is putting points into aura of defense wise in the new patch?

After the 1.0 patch, aura of defense nerfed so much that it only started at 3% per monster at level 1. Is it still worth it to invest skill points into aura of defense now?

I am a guardian by the way.|||I'd say it is if you use items with lots of +armor and +armor %.

My level 33 gun guardian has 71% absorption and 723health/min per enemy with AoR, so AoR is well worth a look too.

I've not been playing enough with my standard sword n board AoD guardian to tell you how effective it is. Do you have an old AoD specced guardian with a spare reskill token you could use to find out how effective it is now?|||I do saved the skill retrainer, but my level 33 guardian has maxed out aura of renewal instead. He has loads of armor and he can tank loads of hit with AoR.

And I am not the only one here - I am building a gun guardian too! He is still young - about level 13 and here is my plan when he reaches higher level. The rest skill points are for the aura.

I have thought about it before the patch though - as I think this character will require some accuracy, which means less points into stamina and less effective in AoR (Life gain from AoR is based on your life AFAIK). Therefore I think it might be wise to put points in AoD. But since AoD is so nerfed now I may consider putting points into AoR instead.

Here is what I think of. Any opinions?|||I have a nearly maxed out AoD and its still quite helpful, just not as uber as it was. Before the change my guardian def went from 82% absorb to 94% with 5 enemies. Even cutting the def gain in half like they did it's still usefull just not the dominating must have.

No comments:

Post a Comment