Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stoopid question - Official forums.

As the title intimates, I've got a stupid question about the official forum. Where is it?

I've been to www.hellgatelondon.com & tried to log in with the username/password that I picked when I installed Hellgate, but it keeps on coming up with an error (uername/password incorrect, or something along those lines). I then go to the European site (given that my account's on the European server) & can log in, but there's no button for forums (like there is on the US site).

Am I just being stupid?|||I believe when you install the game it creates your account with the chosen servers (EU or US) so to access the US forums you have to go and create another account over there.

Not tried personally, but a mate said he had a load of issues with it when he got the game a month ago|||Using your serial number you can create an account on both the European and US servers, so you just need to create a second account using the same serial on the US site to be able to access the forums and play on the US and test servers.

Take into consideration that if you subscribe you will get the benefits only on one of the two accounts, so you have to choose if you want to play with the subscription benefits on the EU realm (better lag if you are European), or on the US realm (with full access to the Test Server and all the new things there that will eventually get implemented on the live servers)|||I didn't realise that you could create an account on both servers, and while I find it somewhat odd not to have official forums that are open to non-US players, being able to create an account there with my EU key does ameliaorate that somewhat.

I presume that you have to be a subscriber to have access to the test server?|||You don't actually need to be a subscriber to get onto the test server, but other than to check balance changes there is no much point into logging there if you are not a subscriber since most of the new content is subscriber only.

No comments:

Post a Comment