Thursday, April 19, 2012

Question about damage types on modules

Hello !

I currently have a good Cluster Rifle that I'm using. It deals Physical damage. If I want to add modules that increases damage, does the module need to increase PHYSICAL damage or can it be any type of damage ?

In other words, if I plug in a module that "adds 10% Electricity Damage", will it work on my Cluster Rifle even though its normal damage is Physical ?

Thanks for your replies ! |||If your Rifle does let's say 50 Physical damage and you add a 10% Electricity, a 7% Toxic and a 5% Spectral mods, it will then become:

50 phys

5 elec

3,5 toxic

2,5 spectral

it has a chance to electrify (enemy can't use skills), poison AND phase.

So yes, you can (and I strongly recommend it).|||Thanks for your answer !

I'd like to use this same topic to ask another question, is there a way to manually scroll the in-game map ?|||Quote:






View Post

Thanks for your answer !

I'd like to use this same topic to ask another question, is there a way to manually scroll the in-game map ?




Not that I know of, just that you can zoom the minimap with + and -, also you can hit tab until you get an overhead map which is bigger than the minimap =)|||If you're talking about the world map then it says right under the map how to 'scroll' it - hold down Alt then click and drag.|||Babylon is wrong in only one regard - items with a plus to Toxic % etc do NOT have a chance to poison etc (Or, not that I have ever seen). Instead, poison strength is needed.|||I was under the impression that the various damage types each had a secondary effect associated with them. They all have a chance to apply that effect based on the amount of damage done. While the small amounts of damage added by mods in the example above can apply their secondary effects, the chances of it happening are very slim.|||I'll go test my sniper once I tear myself from my Wii and get back to you on that one. Can I ignite an enemy with it's fire +% but no burn strength...|||Sniper rifles are not really a good weapon with which to test probabilties as it only fires around 28 bullets per minute. Try a thermalite rifle or similar which fires 400-600 per minute, and therefore has more chances to score a flame hit.

You do need a "damage strength mod" (e.g. "Plus 25 to ignite strength") to score a hit, and then a "percentage mod" (e.g. "5% fire damage"), or the weapons natural damage type, to say how much damage is done.

This means that you are better off adding a physical "percentage mod" to a physical damage rifle/sword/etc, and a spectral "percentage mod" to a spectral rifle/sword/etc, unless you want to add a damage type, which will also require a "damage strength mod".

You may wonder why you would want to add a weaker power to a weapon. Why not just make the primary damage even better? There are times when a mix of damage types is a good thing. A fire mod is good for bosses as it strips them of 5% hit points per second when they ignite, and venom damage stops regenerating monsters healing themselves.

If you are playing the mini-game, and want to inflict a certain type of damage, you need the percentage mod. When playing the mini-game, I go zombie-hunting with a thermalite rifle that has percentages for fire/electricity/venom/etc, so I can easily fulfil the requirements. I don't need to add the "plus 25 to ignite strength" mod, and I just need the Fire damage type in this instance, rather than the additional chance to set them aflame.

J|||Quote:






View Post

I was under the impression that the various damage types each had a secondary effect associated with them. They all have a chance to apply that effect based on the amount of damage done. While the small amounts of damage added by mods in the example above can apply their secondary effects, the chances of it happening are very slim.




Nope, they've got to have their respective secondary effect modifiers as well. Example: the "Very Fast" flamesword has no inherit ignite strength at all, regardless of doing pure fire damage, so unless you get some ignite off of mods or augmentations, you'll never ignite.

Think of +proc as attack rating for secondary effects, except without a "floor".

No comments:

Post a Comment