Thursday, April 19, 2012

Alternative to Respeccing

I did a search and didn't see anything right off the bat, so here goes.

If anyone has played Titan Quest, you will recognize this suggestion.

Instead of allowing full respecs, just allow players to "undo" skill/stat selections until they click a confirm button.

Say you misclick into a skill, just hit "undo" and your point gets refunded.

However, the point will NOT be spent until you hit confirm, which eliminated people just undoing their entire skill list (respeccing).

I can't post this suggestion on the official forums, or even check if it's there as I don't yet have a game account (I'm on here to scout the game and learn more before I get it) so if someone would post this on there if it isn't already, that would be "most good"

Discuss |||Respec ftw. Not being able to respec will severely hold the game back IMO.

Your idea is nice, but its not a replacement for respec.|||The only reason I am against respeccing in this is there is really no need to change jobs like in WoW (heals/dmg/tank on paladin, or tank/dmg on warrior etc)

I'm all for maybe a single respec before say level 30, but unlimited respec's or non level capped respecs like in wow means you don't have to put thought into your spec.

If you just say "Meh, I can respec later" then it takes alot of strategy out of assigning skills and progressing to the best of your skills abilities.

Most people have been asking for respecs to revert mistakes/misclicks, which this way will stop.

As for making mistakes due to being new to the class or something, maybe a level 20/30 cap on respeccing, similar to how Oblivion allows you to change what you are before you leave the noob dungeon.

This game isn't WoW, atleast until raids come out lol! Until then, there should be no rewarding rushing through skill selection. Helping out someone who misclicks at 5am however is another story.|||Quote:






View Post

Respec ftw. Not being able to respec will severely hold the game back IMO.

Your idea is nice, but its not a replacement for respec.




i come straight from d2. It was phenominal game and it was without respecing.

On topic i quite like the "accept" idea. Useful|||That small spot where you have to click to assigne a skill is so small that you have a hard time to misclick it.

I think you make your choice as to what to do and if it doesn't work out, then you learn for your next char.

I wouldn't want a feature to redo your skills in a game I play.|||I've made at least 2 goofs on my blademaster so no less than 2 wasted clicks and 1 of which i knew was wrong the second I did it, the other I knew was a mistake as i read the descriptions a bit further. So I knew I made a mistake and would like those back, I knew about the mistake before I played with the miss placed skills but nothing to do. So yes as a limited player I'd like the ability to correct the errors of a badly time mouse click.|||The suggestion of some kind of confirmation box to prevent misclicks has been around since before the alpha and it never happened. I suggested that a change be made to the tiny add point button too, due to it being the same size and right next to the shift-skill button on many skills. Never happened.

Preventing misclicks is not really anything to do with respecs. It's something that just ought to be standard. Respecs are still needed on top of that, particularly with the inevitable skill changes that will happen due to the game being rushed.|||Of course, if one were browsing skill choices before making a selection, one could decide to remove one's index finger from the button thereby preventing this mis-click phenomenon. I don't think hellgate is long and involved enough endgame to justify respecs yet.

Confirmation of skill point expenditure would be nice.

Slightly off-topic: It would be nice if there was a keyboard shortcut to bypass confirmation of disassembly.|||I ike the idea that there should be a "confirm" box, but hate the idea of a re-spec. (Play another character!)

J|||Quote:






View Post

I've made at least 2 goofs on my blademaster so no less than 2 wasted clicks and 1 of which i knew was wrong the second I did it, the other I knew was a mistake as i read the descriptions a bit further. So I knew I made a mistake and would like those back, I knew about the mistake before I played with the miss placed skills but nothing to do. So yes as a limited player I'd like the ability to correct the errors of a badly time mouse click.




of course, you could als just read the skill description before you klick... how did you mean "limited" player ? ^^ as in cannot read a paragraph to the end ?

No comments:

Post a Comment