Saturday, April 21, 2012

Developer Chat Transcript Online

This evening Flagship held their developer chat event answering questions from the community. The turn-out wasn't bad, although less than we expected, perhaps due to the late time for people in Europe. Anyway, some good questions were asked and we now have a full transcript of the chat online for your perusal.

Topics in the chat included respecs, reputation, future game updates, new artwork on levels and much more Go get it!|||"What is the secret behind warts leg?

Erich Schaefer: I can't tell you, but it might be wise to hold onto it. It seems like it might combine with something somehow."

Sooo, Wart's Leg + PRD -> Transmogrifier = lots and lots of demonic cows?|||I was really hoping for some questions on guilds and guild management interface. As it is right now the controls are very basic, invite, kick, hand over control to another member.

I'd like the ability to check guild members to see where they have progressed to in the game.

What level they are even when they aren't in the game

Of course officer assignment (.7 patch I read)

Maybe the ability to give your members a ranking as to how friendly/helpful they are to other guild members|||Aarrgh what that should be standard, I play guildwars and this is what I understand of how guilds work (and should do)

Guild Leader: Created the guild or promoted by outgoing guild leader

Guild Officer: Has some of leaders powers but not all

Guild member: has permanent access to guild hall (Meeting place for guild)

Guest: can enter guild hall as guest of officer or maybe member

also how do you identify a guild member in GW guilded characters often wear a cape with the guild colours and emblem on it plus there name has a 3 or 4 letter code in square brackets

example

Vert Morta [XMAS] shows even if I am not wearing my cape I am a member of a guild

santa's Little Helpers [XMAS] and yes our guild leaders characters ahh have santa in there name like TDK Santa|||Eagerly awaiting Stonehenge.

I hope they don't nerf my Guardian too bad |||I wish they really had gone for a full extra hour, like I think they said they were going to. Instead they finished at 8:20 Eastern US time.

And I'm *REALLY* annoyed that they seem to have barely started working on "mailbox"


Quote:






View Post

"What is the secret behind warts leg?

Erich Schaefer: I can't tell you, but it might be wise to hold onto it. It seems like it might combine with something somehow."

Sooo, Wart's Leg + PRD -> Transmogrifier = lots and lots of demonic cows?




Not on the test server, at least.|||They add more fire like in the Fawkes Event and that'll drive the minimum system requirements through the roof. I'd be unable to play the game if they do that. So would everybody running at min specs right now.

If they do then dammit I hope they get hit with a class action lawsuit for false advertising.|||I don't know about other members of the community here, but I had been pretty turned off by the game since the Alpha and Beta finished.

During the Alpha and Beta, I got a sense from Flagship that they were into continuously improving the game, and that was very rewarding for participants. Then, at launch, I felt like that sense disappeared entirely. At that point, the game just felt rushed, incomplete, and not entirely satisfying. The Halloween deadline, and ability to patch after launch led them to release a sub-standard product. And I say this as someone who puts Diablo 2 as the greatest computer game of all time.

Anyway, I say this as a means of introduction to a much improved feeling after reading the transcript of the recent developer's chat. It does look like they are listening to the community, and have a lot of positive improvements in the pipeline. So far, there has been absolutely no reason to subscribe -- I mean temporary content of limited value?!? The changes all sound great, but it seems like Flagship doesn't have the internal (human) resources to produce them with the appropriate speed.

I've stopped playing HG:L and Mythos a bit to wait for the next patches for both. So far I think Mythos has had better atmosphere and fan relations (Travis Baldree is a big factor there, I think).

In sum, here's to high hopes for Hellgate, and enough decent content to get me to blow $10 a month on it!|||Quote:






View Post

"What is the secret behind warts leg?

Erich Schaefer: I can't tell you, but it might be wise to hold onto it. It seems like it might combine with something somehow."




Crap, I have trashed mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment