Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bag Interface

Seems a lot of reviews of Hellgate have commented negatively on the way the storage and bag system work. I think one reviewer put it as "playing tetris."

I have to say, while I realize they had this system in Diablo 2, I much prefer how World of Warcraft or EVE Online do this. As I'm sure many of you know WoW is a slot system like Hellgate, however all items take up exactly one slot. In EVE Online each ship has a set amount of cargo space (aka bag space). Loot just goes into the cargo until it is filled up, and you can access it easily in a spreadsheet like manner. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion's bag system worked a lot like EVE Online's as well.

Has Flagship mentioned any intentions to changed the way the current bag system works? Any idea when we might see something (Patch 1 perhaps)?

Thanks!|||I really, really hope so. It's so cumbersome to use without an "auto-arrange" hotkey, which you'd think they would have thought of.|||I think the design is more to make you decide on what you want to keep.

If you are pack-ratting 5 legendaries, and another drops, you will have to make a choice on what you need to get rid of.

Of course, I always bank or equip otherwise I break it up :P|||Pick up > Re-arrange > Disassemble > PRD. I think we have enough options.|||Obviously some people never understand having different inventory limits by size.|||My criteria normaly is ok I am full I gotta dismantle

Have I any whites =Y dismantle Whites

=N Is everything worth selling

Selling =Y PRD and sell up

=N Dismantle low value items

and am I close to next station|||Quote:






View Post

My criteria normaly is ok I am full I gotta dismantle

Have I any whites =Y dismantle Whites

=N Is everything worth selling

Selling =Y PRD and sell up

=N Dismantle low value items

and am I close to next station




Have a hard time understanding. ^

Well... just dismantle or sell them. PRD aren't that expensive to use or use recall if you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment