Thursday, April 19, 2012

faction standings

what is the point?

they never did anything when I played through. I did all of the Broker's quests and my standing with him never went up. My standing with the Cabalist faction never went up, either, despite the fact that my character was a Cabalist. And it seemed that nothing could get that extra 1 point to get above "Ally" - if that was the end of the list, why didn't they make it the end of the list instead of "500/501"?



why did flagship put so much crap in the game that they don't need and yet not put in so much crap that they said they were going to? any ideas? I'm confused.|||Faction standings are leftovers from an earlier design idea that wasn't completed.

From the dev chat:


Quote:




[Erich Schaefer]: Yeah, reputation got started and then abandoned as we changed the quest structure. We have some cool ideas for it in the future, though, so we didn't want to remove it. Trying to think ahead and not penalize old players. Honestly its a bit of an albatross. The game seems to be passing "station reputation" by... But it will live again someday!|||FFS still have alot to work on HG:L. so have to be patience about the game.|||I guess the one part that bothers me is, there are many things that weren't implemented at the time of the release that might show up in the future.

I'm worried they will be subsrciption only, which means if I don't subscribe, I'll end up getting 75% of the game that I paid 100% for.|||that is most likely the case that is gonna be happening since the game didnt have a complete release.

so beside waiting, we gonna be a sub.|||Quote:






View Post

I'm worried they will be subsrciption only, which means if I don't subscribe, I'll end up getting 75% of the game that I paid 100% for.




Dude, you've got 100% of the game already. If they add something for subs only later, they haven't taken something away from you in the meantime.

Anyway, no grumbling from either of us, we don't even know if it's a (subs-only) issue anyway.

J|||Quote:






View Post

Dude, you've got 100% of the game already. If they add something for subs only later, they haven't taken something away from you in the meantime.

Anyway, no grumbling from either of us, we don't even know if it's a (subs-only) issue anyway.

J






I know I know...I'm just talking about all the stuff that the devs meant to put in the game but didn't get time to fully develop. It kind of feels like it was supposed to be part of the game that I've got, but now I'd have to pay more, that's all.

Completely new stuff I understand, its all these weird half done things that I can see in my game that might not ever amount to anything that frustrates me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game and enjoy it in its current state.|||I know. I'm waiting for politics to kick in, and a civil war between the factions. That might feature in the later (subs-only) content.

J

(And then we get back to a range class versus melee class versus pet class MMO, and I start dreaming of a Terran v Protoss v Zerg World Of Starcraft :D )

No comments:

Post a Comment