Saturday, April 21, 2012

Post-Syd play.

Right, I've killed Syd, and when I logged back in, I found myself doing the game again from scratch, which I assume is Nightmare mode. Now for some questions.

I want to continue with my character, so am I now barred from playing Normal? (I.e. to stop me harvesting Syd).

How does Elite differ from Nightmare?

Is Nightmare considered "better" than Elite? (You know what I mean. )

And finally, the big question: What colour is my on-line avatar name now? (I take it it's no longer the Normal murky green )

Cheers,

J|||It looks like this.

Normal - Nightmare

Elite: Normal - Nightmare

Elite is not a difficulty, but a new mode, like Hardcore. Elite will make things harder. More mobs, harder mobs, more drops, more special mobs(I think, not sure at all). If you die, you will not have the choice to spawn at the area, but will always spawn in the Station. Anyone feel free to correct me. |||Cheers, NeAL!

So Elite Nightmare is considered more of an achievement than Normal Nightmare?

Hmm, Elite sounds a bit of a grind from what I've heard, tbh. And I'd have to abandon my beloved Zanussi (engineer)....|||Normal > Nightmare > Elite > Elite Nightmare > Hardcore > Hardcore Nightmare > Hardcore Elite > Hardcore Elite Nightmare.

Defeat Sydonai on that last one and you're the man!

About your name. It's still the same. Nightmare doesn't change it.

You can still play normal. At the char select screen, tick the Nightmare button at the bottom so it's off (standard it's on).

Oh and 1337 might be more of a grind, but I also find it more challenching. Mobs live longer so the chance of more of them is bigger, which I find fun.|||Cool! So I can play Nightmare, make more money and get better drops, and then strut around Normal, sneering.

J|||Yep, but the guys doing the same with an orange name are cooler /flex|||Where is the colour code for the modes?|||blue --> Normal/Normal Nightmare

orange --> Elite/Elite Nightmare

yellow --> Hardcore/Hardcore Nightmare/Hardcore Elite/Hardcore Elite Nightmare



I guess it was like that

I think that maybe FSS can make another color for HCE/HCE Nightmare to separate it from HC/HC Nightmare, but who knows, maybe they will leave it like it is at the moment.|||Quote:






View Post

Hmm, Elite sounds a bit of a grind from what I've heard, tbh. And I'd have to abandon my beloved Zanussi (engineer)....




Actually, elite/normal-difficulty isn't any more of a grind than normal/normal-difficulty. Elite is just tougher and you're more likely to get killed. The grind part has been nightmare-difficulty (in both normal and elite modes). The first act of nightmare-difficulty is fine, but by the time you get to Green Park you have to grind a lot to raise your level nearer the monster levels. This supposedly is/will be fixed in 0.7/1.0... (I've lost track of all the patches and what they do, never mind what's on the test center).

Anyway, if you start a new character, I'd recommend giving elite mode a try --- it's a good deal more fun than normal mode IMO. The items are basically the same, though there are more rare/legendary mobs. You get less scraps for crafting, demon respawn rates seem higher, and the only death option you have is "restart in station" so it's important to set back-up recall portals before entering any new zones.|||Question, can you actually farm syd? I went back and killed all the mini-bosses over again and he didn't spawn. I ran around the entire map and didn't see him.



So I just went on to nightmare at lev 27 lol. That was majorly harsh :P

No comments:

Post a Comment