Saturday, April 21, 2012

PvP Ladder/Ranking System

First off, I'd like to say hello seeing as this is my first post in this forum. Anyways, been looking into this game for quite some time now and it looks excellent. Although I have not seen any information regarding a PvP Ladder/Ranking system such as those found in Guildwars, Everquest II, and World of Warcraft. My question is will this game include a Ladder/Ranking system in PvP (maybe not at launch, but sometime during the duration of the games life)? I always found it to be a great feature. It really made PvP worthwhile and not to mention all the doors it could open for the game on the competetive/tournament side. Something to think about if it has not been previously mentioned.

Thanks|||Well to be honest next to nothing has been said about PvP within the game, and it is clearly not a priority for FSS at present

What little there is can be found Here : http://hellgate.incgamers.com/wiki/index.php/PVP

But all it really says is that PvP will probably be an arena only type feature.

My personal opinions:

ranking system of some kind: Probably (these are basically the D2 guys afterall)

Will there be some form of PvP titles system with rewards similar to WoW:doubt it.

Guild PvP of some form more than likely.



But like i said at the top FSS have realeased no details about the PvP system|||I believe they've said they'd look at all that ladder-y type stuff post-release, but very few details as yet because the game is - quite rightly - very PvE-centric. Sort of important when the game has a singleplayer, offline, component. |||PvP takes so much time to balance out, I hope it's delayed for a while. Even if there was a pvp system on launch, people will need time to level and gear up.|||pvp could be interesting I would kind of wonder how they would explain the pvp really, I mean if I was in the middle of a demon invasion the last thing I would want to do is go kill off some of my own kind especially since there isn't alot of them left to fight. I am hoping it more of an entertainment kind of pvp and you dont really kill yourenemies and more just knock them out or something. that's if they put in pvp at all.|||Pvp ruins any chance of balance in games like this... hell, look at WoW right now. Paladins, warlocks, and rogues are the most screwed up classes because they can't balance the class without completely breaking it in pvp or pve.

Plus... the DEMONS are the bad guys... it's them we should be focusing on. You wanna kill other people then maybe you should check out warhammer :P|||if they dont balance it for pvp, chances are it wont really be balanced for pvm either. 90% bowzons and ww barbs isnt cool|||For those saying pvp isn't realistic in the hgl universe, I disagree. Even if humanity is down to its last 10,000 people, you wouldn't see perfect unity. Now they wouldn't be killing each other in mass, that's true, but no one stays dead anyway right? Well except on hardcore servers.....hmm. Anyway the arenas could always be billed as "testing grounds" that has some magical ability to keep the gladiators from dying if you really want it to be a truly united humanity.|||Any news about adding some ladder in game?|||I haven't seen any - I would guess FSS is trying to stabilize the game first and then add new content, particularly PvP.

Personally I'd love to see a strong PvP component in HGL, like there is in GW. I am not big into 1vs1 dueling, so larger teams fighting each other is what I hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment