Friday, March 30, 2012

Newcomers and Lurkers Introduction Thread

[:1]Spurred by this post, here's the semi-official welcome to the community thread. If you're new to Hellgate, or you've been lurking for months and are just now joining in the conversation, welcome. Introduce yourselves and have a look around. There's a useful forum navigation bar with links to the screenshots, movies, and tons of wiki info.

As for info: currently there's an NDA in place that prevents us from updating the wiki or making forum posts with all the new stuff we know from the alpha test. So if you were wondering why people are being vague and evasive about specific details, that's it. Once the NDA ends you will see tons of new info on everything, so look forward to that.|||Good Idea!

I thought you were starting a Starcraft thread because I saw the word "Lurkers"|||*puts hands up as a lurker*

lol hi

well basically i just came on about a few days ago to post info about how Aussies most likely won't get CE coz EA stuffed up hehe.

my gaming back ground streams from playing CS in my very early days and branching out into MMORPG with Raganarok Online(Ro), then moving into Lineage 2, WoW, Guild wars, back to WoW and then finally ending up as a Lord of the Rings Online lifetimer. All the while playing Day of Defeat Source for my FPS rush.

what drew my attention to hellgate was after watching the E3 06 trailer then seeing the E3 05 trailer and thought "is this a trailer for a movie?" lol, then ya been following the info ever since =)|||I'll say hi as well. Been following Hellgate pretty closely for many months now, but can't always find the time to post. I usually get spurred into engaging in conversation after I get a taste of the game, and since it's right around the corner (and I got into the alpha :D ) I'll hop on board and say hi ;)|||Guess I'll come out of hiding and say what's up to all the forum goers. I've been lurking in this forum since it's creation and generally lurking on anything HG:L since I heard who was making it. I was around the diabloii forums for a long time and I really like what Flux and others have done with this place. (I thought Flux and 'fluxing' in D2 were related for a long time...) Nice to see Elly and Rush are still around too.

Some background: My roommate several years ago said "You gotta try this Diablo game..." and that was it. I got hooked. I remember doing endless shop 'runs' for plates of the whale... took so long with no real running. Then I pre-ordered the D2 collector's and remember how awesomely addicting the single player was. It was my first real online game community experience. Then I started in hardcore (USWest) after putting one character through normal mode. That was it.... hardcore forever. Lag was bad back then, especially for a paladin named Slaidius, who charged with two handed axes and mauls. Not a pk... maybe a pkk if the opportunity arose. Ahhh the days of gambling SoJs and imbuing executioner swords... good times. Good helpful community back then.

So... longer post than I intended.... but I have high hopes for this game. I hope it's dark like D1 more than D2. I hope its different than Diablo, but that I still can't put it down. I look forward to the beta... hopefully it's valid in Canada and then I'll see you other hardcore founders in the underground of London, eh?|||Been following the game for a while now. Just joined and started posting with the beta drawing nearer and all the preorder buzz going on. Was a long time D2 player when I finally started running out of time to play that got out of pc gaming really. Really looking forward to this game and hoping my grades don't slip to much when this comes out.|||Been keeping my eye on HGL since the first trailer came out back in 05. Stumbled on this site and with beta about to go live figured I'd join the fun. Gamed in WoW for 1-1/2 years then switched gears to GW for about 2 and change. Played all of the Blizzard offerings going back to Warcraft and Diablo and cant see what crazyness they have in store for us. Just hope they have learned from other Devs and their mistakes.|||Hello all. Like many others who are/will be joining these forums, I am a big D2 fan.... and I have been playing WoW and D2 while waiting for HGL.

I "lurked" the D2 website you guys have (for years), I figured I would actually participate with the new HGL community.|||*waves*

Know Incgamers from the SPF D2.net and from WWN. I have a WoW mod hosted by Rushster.

Used to be a wow addict, weaned myself. Gave it another six months when the expansion came out, but am over it now.

Looking forward to HG:L, but will need a better PC I think.

DM|||Hey all..

Was a D2 junkie for the longest time.. and frequented dii.net forums / marketplace for a while. Also was at once point part of that Isle of Misfits group for a while (in its beginning) which I'm sure you've seen if you went onto the HC forums.

Anyways.. looking forward to this game and hope Oct 31st comes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment